Nonprofit Management Track
This professionally oriented Graduate Certificate in Public Administration track (15 credits) track provides the tools and frameworks necessary to meet the increasing challenges facing the nonprofit sector. The distinctive and interdisciplinary coursework draws students from diverse departments including social work, law, Hawaiian studies, and business.
Core coursework (9 credit hours)
- PUBA 604: Leadership and Ethics (3)
- PUBA 630: Nonprofit Management (3)
- PUBA 631: Nonprofit Management Practices and Tools (3)
Elective coursework (3 credit hours)
- One PUBA course; outside course requires advisor approval
Practicum (3 credit hours)
- PUBA 691: Nonprofit Management Practicum (3) (100 hours)
- Up to 9 credits earned in the PUBA GCERT (Nonprofit Management Trackk) may be counted toward the PUBA MPA, or another graduate degree with some restrictions.
- Track requirements are currently under review and are subject to change.
- GCERT students wishing to move into the PUBA MPA program must first apply and be formally accepted.