Pi Alpha Alpha
UH Mānoa has established a local chapter of Pi Alpha Alpha, the Global Honor Society for Public Affairs & Administration. According to our Chapter Constitution, our purposes as a society are to:
- Encourage and reward scholarship and accomplishment among students and practitioners of public affairs and administration.
- Promote the advancement of education and scholarship in the art and science of public affairs and administration.
- Foster integrity and creative performance in the conduct of governmental and related public service operations.
Pi Alpha Alpha membership is prestigious for our students, our program, and the University. We encourage all eligible public administration students, alumni, and faculty to apply for induction. Induction criteria include:
- Enrollment in the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program.
- Completion at least 21 semester hours of graduate work.
- Maintaining a GPA of at least 3.7.
- Alumni who met all the above criteria may be inducted as alumni members.
- Any full-time PUBA faculty may be elected as faculty members.
- There is a one-time fee which includes the induction fee and Pi Alpha Alpha Medal.
- Members of Pi Alpha Alpha are entitled to participate in chapter meetings and national conventions.