Education for Public Service
Welcome to the University of Hawaiʻi Public Administration Program (PUBA), an innovative graduate-level program dedicated to the enhancement of public service and institutions.
Since 1984, our program has been committed to:
- Increasing leadership resources in Hawaiʻi, the U.S. Mainland, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Building organizational and community collaborations for creative problem-solving.
- Nurturing connections between participants and a network of change agents.
What do people in public service need to know to be effective in their work?
Our program is built around this essential question. To answer it, we:
- Bring together participants from a rich variety of backgrounds to share experiences.
- Use collaborative teaching to view issues from different perspectives.
- Emphasize active engagement in classes.
- Continuously apply theory to practice.